Today a new KB article and hotfix have been released for RDS on Windows Server 2008 R2. In a specific scenario a RemoteApp session could be disconnected on a computer that supports the Remote Applications Integrated Locally (RAIL) feature.
Article ID: 2696020 - Last Review: May 9, 2012 - Revision: 1.0
You are disconnected from a RemoteApp application when you minimize the main frame window of a RemoteApp application that is published in Windows Server 2008 R2
"...Consider the following scenario:
- You install the Remote Desktop Session Host role service on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2.
- You publish a RemoteApp application on the computer that supports the Remote Applications Integrated Locally (RAIL) feature.
- You connect to the RemoteApp application from a client computer.
- You minimize the main frame window of the RemoteApp application.
- There are no other visible top-level windows.