A new Microsoft KB article (2815795) has been released today related to renaming a personal assigned VDI on Windows Server 2012.
“…Consider the following scenario:
- You have a virtual machine in Windows Server 2012.
- The virtual machine is assigned to a user in a personal virtual machine collection.
- You rename the virtual machine.
Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object…”
“…To work around this problem if you rename an existing virtual machine in a collection, follow these steps:
- Remove the user from the virtual machine.
- Remove the virtual machine from the collection.
- Rename the virtual machine by using the Hyper-V console.
- Add the renamed virtual machine to the collection.
- Assign the user to the renamed virtual machine…”