The Microsoft RDS team has released a new blog post on last months updates to Azure RemoteApp!
- Premium and Premium Plus are two new licensing plans released, they both have a 5 user minimum limit and address needs for higher computing resources. Read more about all our purchasing plans
- Learn about new purchasing plans for EMS and existing RDS CAL with Software Assurance customer, you might qualify to purchase Azure RemoteApp for as low as $2 per user per.
- We have a new webpage https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/azure-remoteapp and includes a new Azure RemoteApp clients download webpage.
- Azure PowerShell v0.9.9 modules were released that allow the ability to enumerate list of users assigned to a particular Azure RemoteApp instance and reboot the instance.
- iOS client was updated to version 8.1.14 which included minor fixes for Azure RemoteApp.
- Mac client was updated to version 8.0.23 fixed an issue that caused the RD app to crash when using Azure RemoteApp. Important notice for users on 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion): Our application won’t offer support for these distributions in November. You’ll need to update to a later OS version to make sure you can use a fully supported and regularly updated Remote Desktop client. This announcement has been as well part of our release notes in 8.0.22.
- Office 2016 for Office 365 is not supported in Azure RemoteApp yet, we are completing final testing with Office team and will have new images published when ready along with support statement.
- Quick links for previous monthly updates for March, April, May, June, July, August, and September for Azure RemoteApp.