Have been waiting for this one to be released! Glad to see its now publically available!
“…Internal testing of the RD Connection Broker connection-handling code shows a significant improvement during logon storms and when adding/restarting RD Session Host servers to a farm. We also see similar improvements through internal testing of the end to end connection scenario via the Windows RD client (MSTSC).
Specific results include:
- 100% connection success with initial burst of 100 connections at a rate of 2 connections per second
- 0.2 second average connection time through RD Connection Broker, down from over a minute
- 100% success adding/restarting servers at rate of 1 server per second with 5 sessions per server
- 2 second average add/restart time, down from over thirty minutes
MSTSC End to End
- 100% connection success at a rate of 100 connections per minute
- 25 second average connection time, down from over seven minutes…”
More info: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2015/12/15/improved-remote-desktop-connection-broker-performance-with-windows-server-2016-and-windows-server-2012-r2-hotfix-kb3091411.aspx
Direct link to KB3091411 : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3091411